Have some unanswered questions about ecommerce?
Drop me a line in the form below and I’ll do my best to help. If I don’t have the answer, I will help you find it.
If you have some amazing ecommerce related content that you want to share, go for it. Ill take a look and mention it if I find it noteworthy.
We are now accepting guest posts! Please see our editorial guidelines below:
We have a reader first approach to this blog. Our audience consists of ecommerce entrepreneurs who are at the beginning, growth stage on an ecommerce startup. So the topic MUST be DIRECTLY relevant to that audience. Any of the ecommerce topics below will be useful to my readers.
- selling products (physical or digital) online
- managing an ecommerce business
- expanding online presence
First and foremost, content has to be extremely useful to our audience. If they don’t come off better off from reading the post, the article is not a fit for selfstartr.com. The other major requirement is original (not published elsewhere AND will not be published elsewhere).
We have pretty strict guidelines for our own content, and Id expect the same level of quality from contributors. All posts should:
- Be a minimum of 2,000 words
- Have a minimum of 7 sections with subsections for each section
- Include examples and case studies
- Claims must by backed up with proper citations from trusted websites
- Include additional media or attention grabbers
Good content is more than just copy, we only publish stuff with good media. Articles must contain
- Quotes or Click To Tweets
- Slideshares or embedded videos
- Highly relevant photos or illustrations
AVOID STICKING GENERIC STOCK IMAGES IN – ALL IMAGES MUST ADD VALUE
You must have permission to use the images. I will not go to jail for you 🙂
In terms of content formats we are looking for:
- How-to guides: ecommerce marketing example, customer loyalty example
- Expanded list posts: Instagram ecommerce example, persuasive marketing example
- Long-form data-driven infographic posts: ecommerce platform example
- Tool round up examples: open source ecommerce example
All links in guest posts will be carefully scrutinized. We encourage editorial links to back up claims or add extra value to readers. If links don’t offer value they will be removed. Links to commercial content will be nofollowed or possibly removed.
Guest post submission process.
- In the form below, select guest posting
- Send your headline and outline (7-15 sections)
- Relevant writing examples (if you don’t have any ecommerce articles, you shouldn’t be contributing)
- If we like your headline and topic, we will get back to you.
- Send complete article in Google Docs with images inserted and links to original sources